To maintain and enhance the quality of life in Kirkwood by providing our customers with safe, reliable, environmentally responsible services, and provide those services openly, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Provided Cost Effectively
- Maintain and implement a current Services Master Plan, including the required facilities to meet current and future demand and supply.
- Procure and supply reliable low cost electric power to meet current and future loads, consistent with the Renewable Portfolio Standards requirements and other environmental best practices.
- Promote public awareness of all District activities and services.
- Conduct the District’s business in a legal, ethical, open, and transparent manner.
- Promote communication and cooperation with other public and private agencies.
- Establish measurements, key performance indicators and goals to optimize performance in each business.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Develop staff to ensure professionalism, continuity of organizational knowledge and District reputation as a desirable place to work.
- Provide a safe and harmonious work environment for our employees.
- Maximize appropriate use of technology to improve operational efficiency and prioritize asset replacement.
- Develop and implement high operational standards, procedures and Codes of Conduct.
- Reduce employee injuries by maintaining an active and effective safety/ wellness program.
- Operate as outstanding financial stewards.
- Develop appropriate financial procedures to assure responsible cost and financial management.
- Implement budgeting process and regular reviews of performance to approved Budget.
- Manage in an environmentally sound manner.
- Provide key leadership in the stewardship of the District’s aquifer, watershed, and natural infrastructure.
- Foster a culture of efficient use of water and other natural resources.